Wednesday, February 19, 2014

More Celebration in Florida

My sister Alicia is visiting for a few weeks.  It's been several years (I won't say how long, but Chris was quite young!!) since she and I have been in Florida together.  Today, we went to Celebration - a town created by Disney in the 1990s.  We wandered around the market square and the lagoon.

 Whirlygig spinning in the breeze.  There were several outside one of the restaurants.  This one was blue and green.  Others were orange and yellow, or red, green and blue. 

 One of the streetscapes.  I loved the shadows on the palm trees created by the street lamps.

 The fountain in the square.  Disney worked hard at creating the idealized American town.  And has succeeded.  It's a beautiful place to spend a day.

 I love the attention to detail.  Like here - the lines of street lamps all the same.  Makes for an interesting architectural photo.

  Walter and Alicia enjoying a 'selfie' that Walter was taking.

 Great play on words.  The 'Wolfgang Puck' store for doggies.

 Cormorant coming in for a landing.  Not the greatest photo, but I love how he puts out his feet to act as brakes in the water.

 Cana lilies by the water. Beautiful orange flowers.

 Osprey!  I was looking across the lagoon at Walter, who had his camera mounted on a tripod.  All of a sudden I heard a splash near me.  Turned around and saw an osprey take off with a fish in its claws.  I snapped away as many shots as I could.  This is the result.  Osprey are beautiful birds, sometimes called fish eagles, because their diet is just that - fish.  There are several that we've seen here in Florida.

 Blue heron coming into shore.

 He landed close to Walter, who took the opportunity to get in several shots before the heron flew over to another part of the lagoon......

 where he speared a fish for lunch.  

It was a lovely day. Tomorrow, we're off to another adventure.













No comments:

Post a Comment