Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cayman Islands

Walter and I spent 18 days in January visiting our daughter and son-in-law, and our two grandchildren on Grand Cayman.  It's one of three islands that make up the Cayman Islands, coral islands between Jamaica and the Mexican coast.  It was wonderful to see everyone and to get to know Lennox and Sydney.

 The view from edge of the property.  The gazebo at the end of the wharf has two hammocks.  A lovely way to spend a few hours in the afternoon, soaking up the sun, watching the cruise ships pass by on their way to George Town and watching the birds fishing for food.

 A typical Caymanian sunset, seen from the gazebo at the end of the wharf.  Any wonder I liked spending late afternoons and early evenings there?  The sunsets on the water were beautiful.

  Another day, another sunset.  

  Ibis and heron looking for food.  All I had to do was sit in the gazebo and watch.

 Another day, another ibis.  Beautiful bird, and  I just happened to have my camera out and ready.  I can't tell you how many shots I missed because I wasn't prepared.  This time, though, I was lucky.

  Following the leader.  Sydney following Walter on the way to play.

 And here is the game.  Sydney would push the hammock (with a lot of help from Walter).  Walter would laugh and make faces.  That made Sydney laugh, and 'push' the hammock even more.  Then it would be her turn to be in the hammock.  Walter would gently push the hammock, Sydney would giggle, and away we went.  A great way to keep her amused.
 Jon and Lennox relaxing in one of the hammocks on the dock.  Seems to be a favourite place for us to hang out.






No comments:

Post a Comment